Air India Express, the wholly owned subsidiary of India’s flag carrier, Air India is based in Mumbai. The airline started its operations on April 29, 2005 with its inaugural flight from Tiruvananthpuram to Abu Dhabi. Connecting about ten international and eleven key destinations across the country, Air India Express aims to offer great value for money and efficient services. The airline provides all essential on board services like free standardized meals and on board entertainment to its passengers unlike other low cost carrier.
Air India Express currently operates the Boeing 737-800 and has 13 aircrafts, of which seven are leased and six owned by the airline. The aircrafts have the capacity to seat around 180 passengers. A very innovative feature of Air India Express aircrafts are the striking designs emblazoned on either side of the tails of aircrafts that depict different facets of traditional and colorful India. Recently inducted Boeing 737-800 aircraft is adorned with the attractive paintings of Raja Ravi Varma.
Air India Express operates regular flights on Mumbai-Kochi, Mumbai-Kozhikode, Mumbai-Delhi, Mumbai-Chennai, Delhi-Amritsar, Kozhikode-Kochi, Kozhikode Thiruvananthpuram and Kochi-Thiruvananthpuram sectors. The airline plans to expand its route network in India and abroad over the next couple of years.
* Andhra Pradesh – Hyderabad – Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
* Delhi – Indira Gandhi International Airport
* Gujarat – Ahmedabad – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
* Jammu & Kashmir – Srinagar – Srinagar Airport
* Karnataka – Mangalore – Mangalore International Airport
* Kerala – Kochi – Cochin International Airport hub, Kozhikode – Calicut International Airport hub, Thiruvananthapuram – Trivandrum International Airport hub
* Maharashtra – Mumbai – Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Nagpur – Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, Pune – Pune International Airport
* Punjab – Amritsar – Raja Sansi International Airport
* Rajasthan – Jaipur – Jaipur Airport
* Tamil Nadu – Chennai – Chennai International Airport, Tiruchirapalli – Tiruchirapalli Airport
* Uttar Pradesh – Lucknow – Amausi Airport
* West Bengal – Kolkata – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport